Students Who Have Expressed Interest - Next Steps
Here are your next steps:
1. Go to www.globalcitizenkelowna.org and download and READ THE MANUAL
2. Start researching your #, your issue and see what is already being done about it. See where the gaps are http://worldslargestlesson.globalgoals.org
https://youtu.be/SEQlFbvqV9w (similar projects by university students) There are some amazing things online that pertain to all of the goals.
3. Start thinking about who your NGO partner will be - make contact with them (contact me for help) https://www.bccic.ca/map/
4. Put together a dynamic team- you are allowed to have 6 members- a leader must identify and send email to be the liaison for the group
5. Set up a work/ time schedule to come together as a group on a regular basis and work on your project
6. November 28 is MENTOR NIGHT- your group will need to attend. (see below)
7. Join the facebook group THE FEED- and meet other likeminded students who care about the SDCs
8. Make note of the important dates
December 21- abstract to be completed and submitted online by midnight (page 19-21 in manual)
Jan. 3 Students chosen to move forward will be contacted by email
Once chosen to move forward, get working on your presentation piece- How can you give a creative interpretation of your project to move audiences in 10 minutes?